This recipe came from a very dear childhood friend, when I saw her posting a picture of the same on Instagram. It looked delish, and I immediately thought I have to make it. I think nothing can be easier than this one, and trust me, anyone, who doesn’t really bother to often go to the kitchen, can make this! 😀
This is basically made using dates and biscuits, can say a healthier option over other sweets (apart from anything that goes into making of the biscuits, so we’ll choose a healthier biscuit option! Boo! 😉 ), and also a very quick preparation. So, if you are in a situation where you have to quickly prepare something sweet, this can be a good option.
Prep time: 15mins Cooking time: 10mins Total time: 25mins
1 cup Dates – seeded, soaked in warm water for 15 mins and then finely chopped
1 packet of whole wheat or oats biscuits – crushed /powdered in a food processor
2-3 tbsp walnuts – chopped
½ cup heavy cream
Pinch of Cardamom powder for flavor
(NO SUGAR, DATES ARE SWEET ENOUGH) 😉
- Heat a pan and pour heavy cream into it. Add chopped dates and keep the flame medium and keep on stirring.
- This mixture would start thickening after 5 mins and the color from the dates will make it orangish.
- Keep on stirring till the cream starts to leave the pan, and then turn off the flame. Add the crushed biscuits, walnuts and cardamom to it, mix well and fold it into a batter, like for example into a cylindrical shape.
- Wrap this into a cling-film and keep it in the fridge (not freezer) for 1 hour.
- Take out after an hour (or whenever you want to serve) and cut it into pieces and enjoyyyy. 😀
p.s. The original recipe says plain Marie biscuits, but you can use any biscuits you like. Similarly, any nuts you prefer can go into this. Or even you can make nut-free version, if you’re not very fond of nuts or allergic to them.
Thanks for reading.
Do share your experiences, if you try this one out.
Hope you all have a great week ahead!