Happy Valentine’s Day lovely people!
Hope you are having a great time with your love. I baked some heart shape cookies for this special day. These are super easy and quick to make. You can make them in an hour and surprise the love of your life!
You will need a heart shape cookie cutter for this. If you don’t have it, don’t worry! Love doesn’t see shapes 😉
I have used chocolate chips in this, but if you don’t have any right now, you can break any milk/dark/white chocolate bar into small pieces and mix in your batter.
Also these are healthier over other cookies as I replaced half my flour with whole wheat flour. Yay!
But next time, I promise, you will have a complete whole wheat flour cookie recipe! 😀 😀
1 cup – all purpose flour (maida)
1 cup – whole wheat flour (atta)
2 tbsp – sooji (semolina)
½ cup – cocoa powder
1/3 glass milk (at room temp)
200gms – butter, at room temp (I used unsalted, you can use any)
1 cup – sugar powder
½ cup dark chocolate chips
½ cup strawberry chocolate chips
1 tbsp – baking powder
1 tsp – vanilla essence
Pinch of salt
- In a mixing bowl, sieve together all dry ingredients – flour, semolina, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder. (You can also add both the chocolate chips right now, but I did not, because I wanted them to be seen on the top of the cookies, so I added them later. J)
- In another bowl, mix all wet ingredients together – sugar, butter, milk and vanilla.
- Now add the dry mixture into the wet one in 2 parts and with a hand mixer beat it to make a batter. It will be dry, so work it with hand to combine it together.
- When the batter is done, wrap it into a cling film and keep it in the fridge for an hour.
- Take it out after an hour and keep out for 10mins. Now prepare your oven settings.
- Preheat the oven at 200 deg C for 15mins. Dust your surface with some flour so that your batter doesn’t stick to it. With a rolling pin, roll out the batter to a thickness of ½ inch.
- Now, place the chocolate and strawberry chips (if you haven’t added them before) over the entire batter. And roll some again, so that they get pressed in the batter.
- With a cookie cutter, cut into it as many times as possible.
- Place a parchment paper in the oven tray and carefully place the cookies over it at a distance. When your oven is ready, bake the cookies at 150 deg C for 20mins.
- Cool it on a wire rack and relish with you partner and family members when done! 🙂 🙂
Do share your feedback in the comments section below. I would love to hear from you, also for any special tips and tricks you have 😉
Have a fantastic day!
Hope love spreads everywhere !