Hello Pretty people!
Here I share with you another cookie recipe. I have lately realized that I love baking cookies. 😉 You know you get a whole bunch after you’ve done, and when they look awesome, and taste amazing too, the feeling you get, is absolutely satisfying. I made a set of two cookies on the valentines, but couldn’t share recipes for both simultaneously. Anyways, better late than never! 🙂 🙂 (Plan for another new ones already in line!! hehehe, sorry, but I know you will love those 😉 )
Healthy is always preferred. Who doesn’t wants to stay fit, but still there are days when we miss on exercises, have a bad work schedule or when we go out, there are no options of picking up something healthy to eat, and we go in for whatever is available, coz we are REALLY hungry (It’s a reality) the minimum that we can do is to add on healthier ingredients in our home cooked food. My attempt would be to slowly replace whatever possible ingredients in my recipes with the healthier one are as much as possible. I will also try gluten free recipes sometime soon definitely.
These are the Cranberry Cardamom Sugar Cookies and they are yum yum yum. Must try!
Cardamom gives so much depth, aroma, and enhances the flavors of the any food added to. Given a chance, I will add it to every sweet-dish I make and why not ! 😀
½ cup – dried cranberries
1 cup – all-purpose flour (maida)
1 cup – whole wheat flour (atta)
1 cup – butter, at room temp
¾ th cup -powdered sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
10 – cardamom seeds powdered
½ cup granulated sugar
½ glass milk – at room temperature
- Beat the powdered sugar and butter well till it becomes soft and completely combined. Add salt, baking powder, cardamom and mix well.
- Now add both the flour and by slowly adding the milk combine to form a batter.
- Wrap it in a cling film and refrigerate for about an hour.
- After an hour, keep it outside for 10mins before you start rolling in.
- Preheat you oven to 200 deg C and place a parchment paper onto your oven plate.
- Now, roll the batter (like in the pic above) into half an inch thickness, throw in (generously, or as much as you like) the dried cranberries and granulated sugar and roll again over it. Reduce it to about less than a cm thick.
- You can add cranberries before also, into the sugar and butter mixture, if you like. These will then get into the cookies and also taste as good. I like more when are seen more on the top 😉
- Now, cut with your favorite cookie cutter shape and bake them for 15mins at 160 deg C.
- Keep them on a cooling rack for 10-15 mins and enjoy with tea or coffee. 😀 😀
You can also have warm bites… yesss, even I couldn’t wait 😉
Do try and share you experiences.
Have a great weekend guys ! Love love love…