Sorry, really sorry for taking such a long time to update my next recipe. Series of unfortunate events kept me busy for last soooo many days. 😦 There is so much of regret for not being able to write and talk to you and not even make something new in my kitchen, I can’t express. Hope you understand.
I fell ill last week and then everything similar just continued. Sometimes, it becomes really difficult, even if you so wish. But anyways, everything gets over, even if its too bad too! 😉
So, back to a really nice bread (and my first too) I recently baked. I am not an expert, just learning through experience. And honestly, I am improving with my hit and trials at baking, which makes me happy. 😀
Last weekend, I was sick and tired of being in bed, so just got up and went straight to the kitchen. “I have to bake something, else I will die out of guilt” – I told myself. It gives me immense joy and satisfaction when I make something new (or even old) in the kitchen, and also if it turns out to be a success. Sometimes, things don’t turn out that well, but I think its ok. Bad days are there to learn, and I don’t let it affect me for the future attempts. But THIS bread, turned out really well and really quick. Made me soo happy, can’t tell you. All my sickness went away when I took it out of the oven!
I tried semolina for flour in this and ONLY semolina this time. So there was no mixing with other flours. There was a lot of risk for many things as my first attempt (bread baking itself), that I was sure this is going to be a disaster!
But, thankfully it wasn’t.
2 cups – semolina (sooji)
1 cup sugar (crystals)
½ cup refined oil
½ cup – almonds – half part chopped half whole
½ cup – dried cranberries
½ cup dark chocolate chips
1 tbsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
½ cup milk (if necessary)
- Mash two bananas with potato masher or hand and beat it with sugar and oil with a hand blender.
- Add half of the chocolate chips and cranberries also add chopped almonds, baking soda and baking powder and mix well.
- Add semolina in half portions as mix well. If you feel the batter is thick add the milk and beat.
- Preheat the oven to 200 deg C for 10 mins. Line your bread loaf pan with parchment paper and pour the batter into it.
- Slice the 3rd banana into two parts along the length. Place it in the batter half dipped. Throw in the rest of the chocolate chips, berries and nuts as well from the top. Press them a little in the batter but not completely.
- Bake this for 1 hour at 180 deg C.
- Keep checking in between at regular intervals for like about 20 mins or so.
- After 45-50 mins, take out and check by inserting a knife. If it comes out clean, let it cool. If not, bake for 10 more mins.
- When its done, let it cool completely before de-molding. Take it out and serve fresh slices to your family.
- Hope you enjoyed! 🙂
Tip: If you find your almonds and berries or even the batter turning too brown from the top, cover it with a foil paper and bake.
Let me know how it turned out!