Hello lovely people,
Today I am sharing with you a very quick and simple recipe which anyone can make and at anytime, seriously. 5 ingredients on gas heat for 5 mins and you’re done.
Yes, that easy.
Made using fresh Rose petals, this is a big hit and you can add it in desserts, sweets, milk (anything you like) to make it more flavorful. The best part is that most of the the ingredients are easily available at home, apart from the roses for which you will have to hit the market. Even those are not tough to find, I believe!
Holi is coming soon so I plan to use this in another dessert to be prepared. So, stay tuned! 🙂
I did not make it in large quantities. But you can increase the proportions as per your requirement.
For 1 cup of rose petals you will need 3 tbsp of sugar, 1 tsp fennel (saunf) and 1 tsp honey and a pinch of cardamom powder. So, here you go!
2 cups – rose petals – roughly chopped
½ cup – granulated sugar
1 tbsp – fennel seeds (saunf) – better if powdered, here I used plain
1 tbsp – honey
½ tsp – cardamom powder
- In a chopper, roughly chop your rose petals.
- Heat a non stick pan and on medium flame add the rose petals, sugar, honey and fennel seeds. Mix well and let the sugar melt.
- Keep on stirring. We don’t have to cook for long. We’ve added honey to prevent the mixture from burning and also sticking (due to sugar).
- Cook for 5 mins and remove from the flame. The mixture should not turn really black. Add the cardamom powder and mix well.
- Done! Transfer it in a glass jar and store it easily for months in the fridge. You can keep this jar in the sun (for a few hours if the sun is good) sugar and flavors to completely combine.
p.s. You can use any rose petals you like. Only the color will be different, the flavors will be as good. Also, if you don’t like honey, you can replace it with glycerin.
This is like one of those recipes which are such quick and easy to make and if you’re making it for the first time, can make you feel thrilled, because it tastes soo good! 🙂
Let me know how did you like it. I will be up with another recipe soon.
Takecare and have a great Sunday!