Yes, a long long name. But couldn’t miss telling you each and every decadent slash healthy ingredient it has! This would be the first cake recipe I’ll be posting here and I am glad that it’s a complete bunch of goodness. Made with wholewheat flour, brown sugar and olive oil and with one of the most loved flavor combinations of Nutella, Banana and Peanut Butter this cake is a win-win on both taste and health factor. It’s eggless too! 😀
Till now, I have been mixing half parts of each wholewheat and all-purpose flour for baking. Have always avoided using complete wholewheat flour in fear of not getting that taste or texture but this time I took the risk and it was fruitful. 🙂 🙂 I was so happy with the results that have added other gulten-free & healthy flours on my definitely-to-try list!
I feel I am in a cake mood now. So don’t be intimidated if in case my next few posts are all cakes. 😀 😉 Although I will try to bring in different things in between, but it all depends upon the mood, requirement and aahhhh the weather!
Preparation time: 10mins Baking time: 30-35mins
1 cup Wholewheat flour or atta
½ cup Brown sugar
½ cup Olive oil – I used extra virgin, can use any
2 tbsp Nutella
1 tbsp Peanut Butter – creamy r crunchy whichever you like
½ Vanilla pod pulp or 1 tsp vanilla essence
½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp milk
Pinch of salt
What to do:
- Preheat your oven to 175 Deg C.
- In a mixing bowl, mash 1 banana. Add brown sugar, olive oil, vanilla, 1tbsp nutella (rest 1 tbsp will be added later), peanut butter and beat to incorporate well.
- In another bowl, sieve together flour, baking powder, soda and salt.
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients in two parts and mix well. The batter will be a little thick.
- Grease your pan and dust with flour / place a parchment paper on the base and the sides.
- Pour the mixture in your pan. Slice another banana and press it a little onto the batter.
- Add 1 tsp of milk to rest 1 tbsp nutella and mix it well. Pour this from the top on the batter.
- Bake at 180 deg C for 30mins. Check with a toothpick, if it comes out clean, it’s done. If not, bake for 5-10mins more.
- Take it out and let it cool for 10mins before de-molding.
- Serve warm straight as it is or with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream.
ps: You can add chocolate chips if you like. Also for the last step of nutella pouring, you can just put a few nutella spoons at some gaps without mixing it with milk, if you want that thick gooey taste of nutella when you take a bite.
Happy Baking !