Guys, Happy Mother’s Day to all of you and especially to your lovely Mother’s!
Mango season is here finally and Mothers day is here too, what a best time to make something out of mangoes for my beloved mother who simply adores them. I made these yesterday evening and was glad that she loved it, her expressions made my day. Even my father couldn’t stop himself from having one whole. He usually doesn’t eat stuff other than the main lightly cooked simple meal due to his health issues, but he had one complete tart. Eeeeeeee… I was soo happy! It was a relish to watch both of them enjoy these fresh out of the oven delights 😀 Moms-Dads are such a beautiful treasure given by God. A blessing we need to take care of. All we missed was my sister who was at her institute preparing for some important presentation of her!
My mom went to the market by the afternoon and I used the time in between to quickly prepare something for her before she arrives. 😉 😀 I used the store bought puff pastry sheet for making these because I had no homemade saved in my fridge for the time being. If you are in Delhi, you can easily find it at Modern Bazaar stores located at many places in the capital, or even online markets. I used this one . But I always find it better to make it at home and I will share with you the recipe for making the puff pastry dough from scratch next time when I make it, promise.
For other bakery products and ingredients, INA market near Delhi Haat is also a heaven. You find all exotic fruits, vegetables, spices, all kinds of cheese, flavours, sauces etc etc which you won’t easily find at other places in Delhi. Also it has some nice shops which sell most of the bakery tools we require, a great place for any baking enthusiast to check out.
These are again one of those simple and quick recipes, only if you already have puff pastry kept at home or using a store bought one. Else making a puff pastry dough requires time and patience. Initially I was planning on using only mangoes but then somehow added raspberry jam with it and it added that tangyness which enhanced the flavors even more. These were gone in a matter of time, and now I plan to make some savoury pastries, hopefully soon.
This recipe was an inspiration from Bake with Shivesh.
Servings: 3 (but these were so light that we were craving for more)
Preparation Time: 15mins
Cooking Time: 40 mins
250 gms puff pastry sheet – I used half of the above mentioned
All purpose flour / maida for dusting work table
Icing sugar for dusting the puff pastry
2 mangoes – 1 sliced in small cubes, other very finely chopped / mashed
3 tbsp Raspberry Jam
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp milk
What to do:
- Preheat your oven to 200 deg C for 10mins.
- In a small cup, add 1 tbsp milk to 3 tbsp raspberry jam and mix well.
- In a saucepan on medium heat, cook the mashed mangoes. Add the above raspberry mixture and keep on stirring till well combined. Add the lemon juice to it and mix well. We need to cook the mixture for 5-7 mins only. Turn of the flame and transfer this mixture to another bowl.
- Now, divide the puff pastry into 3 equal parts (out of already halved piece of the 500gms pack)
- Dust your work space/table generously with flour/ maida and roll out each part of pastry in the shape of a rectangle. Make sure the thickness of the pastry remains about 1 cm and no less.
- Lift up the corners a little so that the sauce doesn’t flow out from sides when you fill in.
- Place 1 large tbsp of the sauce on the pastry and spread all over. Top with sliced mangoes and brush the corners with milk for a golden crust.
- Bake for 40mins at 170 deg or until golden brown edges.
- Take out and cool down for 10mins.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve warm and fresh!
Enjoy people, do try these. They came out stunning!
Do something special for your lovely Mother today. Make her smile, hug her, kiss her, she deserves it all!
Love Love Love ❤ ❤ ❤