Heyloooo there lovely people,
I know I have been away from my blog for quite some time, cannot tell you how much I missed it, missed you all (tried to keep in touch by reading quite some of yours posts). I have been taking a lot of rest lately for my better health. Today I am sharing a quick cookie recipe which is healthy in serious ways. I skipped butter here and I replace it with small quantities olive oil. It has beautiful flavors of honey, cinnamon and freshly grated ginger. Plus chocolate chips!!! (I know you know, by the name already! ) yayyyy!
Chocolate chips made it gooooey and perfect (I added a little extra).
I loved the fact that not only these were healthy but came out so quick. These were crispy on the outside and chewy in the middle.
Servings: Makes 12-15 cookies
Preparation Time: 10mins
Baking Time: 15mins
3/4th cup oats
½ cup apf (all purpose flour/ maida)
½ cup chocolate chips
3 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp baking powder
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp honey
Pinch of cinnamon
1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- In a large bowl, sieve together flour and baking powder. Add oats and cinnamon and mix together.
- In another bowl add brown sugar, olive oil, chocolate chips and fresh grated ginger. Mix well. Add honey as well (although I missed it initially and added it later)
- Mix together the dry and wet ingredients to form a batter. Cover the bowl with a cling film and keep it in the fridge for an hour as it will be difficult to handle immediately.
- Preheat your oven to 180 deg C.
- Line your baking tray with parchment and scoop out little batter with a scooper or hand and place them and inch and a half apart.
- Bake for 15mins on 150 deg C. Keep a check as every oven behaves differently.
- Let them cool a bit before you stuff them in your mouth on a cooling rack. 15mins would do.
TRUST ME, my eyes went wide open when I took a bite into this warm delight.
I hope you like it too.
Let me know if you make them.
Happy baking! ❤ ❤ ❤